Charitable Mission Statement
In addition to meeting clients’ financial life management needs, Mayflower Advisors is equally committed to helping the community in which we live. Our employee-led Outreach Committee identifies worthy causes so our team can pool time, talent and resources to help a wide variety of well-vetted nonprofits.
Mayflower Advisors promotes such commitment to outreach by matching financial donations and offering service days to encourage hands-on philanthropy. Our team is proud to work together to support charitable causes that create tangible, lasting impact right here in our local communities and beyond.
Mayflower Sails 2020: Celebrating History & Education with Restoration SponsorshipMayflower Advisors is proud to sponsor The Mayflower’s ambitious restoration and steadfast commitment to education.
To mark the 400-year anniversary of The Mayflower’s epic journey from England to the New World, the historic vessel is nearing completion of a three-year, $20-million renovation that will help ensure its positive impact will continue for future generations.
In recognition of The Voyage That Made A Nation® and The Mayflower’s quartercentenary celebration, several members of Mayflower Advisors’ team will volunteer their time to help local school children experience history once Coronavirus-related concerns have subsided.
Click here to learn more.
- Jump$tart Coalition, its partners and affiliates work to advance the financial literacy of preschool through college-age youth through public advocacy
- This national nonprofit coalition of more than 100 organizations from business, finance, academia, education, government and other sectors, as well as a network of 51 state affiliates
- Larry Glazer founded and currently leads the Commonwealth's chapter: Jump$tart Coalition of Massachusetts
- Larry Glazer and the Mayflower practice helped organize Massachusetts’ Financial Educators Symposium
- Active member of the State Treasurer’s Financial Literacy Task Force, which seeks to empower citizens with the resources necessary to plan their financial future
Community Leadership & Outreach
- Quarterly office-wide giving and service opportunities for a wide range-of organizations in and around the Boston area--including Cradles to Crayons, Thompson Island Outward Bound, Friend's of Boston's Homeless, Habitat for Humanity, Boston Area Gleaners and Building Impact
- Larry Glazer and the Mayflower practice organized Financial Roundtable for 150+ local residents and businesses in Newton, MA
- Actively involved with the Boys & Girls Club of America (through National Association of Plan Advisors [NAPA]), creating a $25,000+ honorarium in conjunction with the national conference
- Principals and Advisors hold volunteer leadership positions on numerous boards, councils, committees and charitable associations