Charitable Mission Statement
In addition to meeting clients’ financial life management needs, Mayflower Advisors is equally committed to helping the community in which we live. Our employee-led Outreach Committee identifies worthy causes so our team can pool time, talent and resources to help a wide variety of well-vetted nonprofits. Mayflower Advisors promotes such commitment to outreach by matching financial donations and offering service days to encourage hands-on philanthropy. Our team is proud to work together to support charitable causes that create tangible, lasting impact right here in our local communities and beyond.
Holiday Giving: Turning Point
Mayflower Advisors is proud to support community-based outreach and Turning Point’s commitment to “teach, empower and encourage.” Dating back to 1971, this Newburyport, MA-based non-profit currently supports more than 150 individuals in 12 cities and towns scattered throughout the Merrimack Valley and North Shore areas. Due to Coronavirus-related PPE expenses and related fiscal challenges, their need has never been greater. The Mayflower team is pitching in to help ensure that all residents will receive a holiday gift.
Click here to learn more about Turning Point’s autonomy-promoting support services and local impact.
Virtual Volunteering: Warm Wishes for Veterans
It’s the warmest season of all—thanks to organizations like Building Impact. Using their innovative virtual volunteering platform, the Mayflower team was able to express our gratitude and respect by assembling “Warm Wishes” kits to bring “warmth, entertainment and dignity” to local veterans. Mayflower Advisors supports Building Impact’s Boston-based community outreach and the impactful work of Fisher House and Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital.
Learn more about Building Impact’s virtual outreach opportunities..
Mayflower Sails 2020: Celebrating History & Education with Restoration SponsorshipMayflower Advisors is proud to sponsor The Mayflower’s ambitious restoration and steadfast commitment to education.
To mark the 400-year anniversary of The Mayflower’s epic journey from England to the New World, the historic vessel is nearing completion of a three-year, $20-million renovation that will help ensure its positive impact will continue for future generations.
In recognition of The Voyage That Made A Nation® and The Mayflower’s quartercentenary celebration, several members of Mayflower Advisors’ team will volunteer their time to help local school children experience history once Coronavirus-related concerns have subsided.
Click here to learn more.
- Jump$tart Coalition, its partners and affiliates work to advance the financial literacy of preschool through college-age youth through public advocacy
- This national nonprofit coalition of more than 100 organizations from business, finance, academia, education, government and other sectors, as well as a network of 51 state affiliates
- Larry Glazer founded and currently leads the Commonwealth's chapter: Jump$tart Coalition of Massachusetts
- Larry Glazer and the Mayflower practice helped organize Massachusetts’ Financial Educators Symposium
- Active member of the State Treasurer’s Financial Literacy Task Force, which seeks to empower citizens with the resources necessary to plan their financial future
Community Leadership & Outreach
- Quarterly office-wide giving and service opportunities for a wide range-of organizations in and around the Boston area--including Cradles to Crayons, Thompson Island Outward Bound, Friend's of Boston's Homeless, Habitat for Humanity, Boston Area Gleaners and Building Impact
- Larry Glazer and the Mayflower practice organized Financial Roundtable for 150+ local residents and businesses in Newton, MA
- Actively involved with the Boys & Girls Club of America (through National Association of Plan Advisors [NAPA]), creating a $25,000+ honorarium in conjunction with the national conference
- Principals and Advisors hold volunteer leadership positions on numerous boards, councils, committees and charitable associations